Thursday, August 2, 2007

Words and words is all I have...

Sometimes, you wonder how these kids learn to talk the way they do.

I have a sweet little pumpkin (4 yr) and a curious little monkey (1 yr). I am forever indebted to God for making me part of their life and teaching me so much about life through them. Some conversations between us are very interesting.

Episode 1 : The other day my sweet little pumpkin was coloring with her crayons and I was playing with my curious little monkey. They seemed to be pretty absorbed in what they were doing. So, I took a quick break to get a cup of tea for myself. I didn't realise that my sweet little pumpkin followed me to kitchen to get her share of cookies ( Well, I love to eat cookies with tea and I just am not able to get over that habit). While enjoying my cup of tea, momentarily, I forgot what my other baby was doing . Curious as he is, he went over to the crayons. When I saw him, he had a piece of crayon in his mouth. I yelled rushing to him " Don't eat the crayon".

From behind , my sweet little pumpkin says : "Which color?"


Episode 2: I am trying to get something ready for the dinner. My curious little monkey in on the kitchen floor playing but well within my eyesight. My sweet little pumpkin is playing something safe closeby. Curious as he is, he wanders off to the shoe rack in the washer -dryer room next to kitchen. I shout while rushing to him "Don't put her sandals in your mouth"

From behind comes the sweet voice "Which foot mamma, right or left?"

6 comments:

Hip Grandma said...

How cute.your sweet lil pumpkin seems to be pretty smart.

Madhu said...

This was so cute of little pumpkin...the way kids mind work is so amazing..there perspective so different from ours :)

Tys on Ice said...

:) ..wish i cud see the world once again thru a child's eye...

Archana Bahuguna said...

I swear! I loved the "which color" one too much! :-)

Jaya said...

HG: Can I say she has gone after me ;-)?

Madhu: It's really interesting to hear kids conversations.

ToI: Welcome here. I so much want to become a kid again.

Arc: :)

Thanu said...

Kids are so adorable and they say the funniest things...

Going to see my niece end of this month (can't wait)